- H Network
- Dev't Trust
- A - Z
Headingley is a real community, where people see each other at social events and on the street.
We want to encourage this, so we do not aim to keep information secret.
You can add your photo, so that other residents can recognise you when they see you around.
For the same reason, we ask that people use their real names to log on. See our policy on real names.
What happens to the information you give about yourself?
- Your information will be visible to residents when they are logged-on to the web site (except for your house number, email address and password, which are kept hidden). Residents are encouraged to use this information for social networking.
- Users of the site do not see your house number. This is only used by headingley.org.
- Users of the site do not see your email address. The system is able to forward messages on to your email address, without revealing it, so people can contact each other. [you can disable this feature in the 'my details' section].
- Residents are subscribed to the eMailing list chat@headingley. Other residents only see your email address if you post a message - this is so they can reply to you directly. [you can disable this feature in the 'my details' section].
- Residents are subscribed to our monthly eNewsletter. [you can disable this feature in the 'my details' section].
- Your name is visible to non-members of the site, in the "welcome new members" menu.
- Other than the above, we do not rent, share or sell information about you to any third party.
Some notes on the security of the web site -
- membership has to be approved, in person, by the headingley.org team. This is necessary to stop spammers.
- even the headingley.org team have no access to your password
- the site sets access cookies on your computer to assist you in moving around the site. If you disable cookies on your machine, you may find the site isn't as easy to navigate.
- parts of the site can only be seen when you are logged in
- residents can report offensive postings using the report form
- anyone posting offensively will have their membership reduced or removed
Once you have an account you can add content in certain areas, depending on your permission level. Some areas are subject to moderation.